Great speaking skills, informative and witty paper, new and interesting facts- these are qualities of a successful public speaker. One more thing however is as important as all of the mentioned above. It is speaker’s appearance. Even with all other components being top quality, unsuitable physical appearance will annihilate all efforts. When writing an essay or research paper you should remember to correctly present what you have to say. Your might have brilliant ideas but if they will appear on a dirty torn piece of paper you will most likely get a poor grade.
These days all college assignments are meant to be typed therefore we will concentrate on how to make you typed paper more presentable. Some of our recommendations are:
1) Use letter size paper to print your essay paying attention to torn corners, wrong color or inadequate size.
2) Maintain certain margins in your paper. Usually your instructor gives you specifications but in case they are not stated set a one inch margin on top, bottom and sides of your paper. This is done for your instructor’s notes and comment on your writing.
3) Make sure the size and font type is easily readable and pleasing to the eye. If your paper is of a purely academic nature choose a strict looking font with a smaller size.
4) Provide your name and the title of your essay on the first page in the right or left upper corner. In case your instructor requires for this info to be on every page include it on every page.
5) You need to put page numbers in your essay. Usually it is done starting with the second page on the very bottom of it placed in the center or in the right corner.
6) If you want to visually divide your paragraphs you can skip a line between them. Such technique will make your paper appear more structured.
7) Do not forget to prepare a bibliography page including all references you used. You should record it according to your specific instruction on format of the paper.
After you complete your paper and print it out you need to carefully look at it to make sure it appears as good on real paper as on the computer screen. It is a good idea to make a couple hard copies as well as save it on your computer and a flash drive. In case you need to print it out again you will have immediate access to you work.