Using the World Wide Web
These days humanity can hardly imagine that Internet has not always been a part of our everyday life. We cannot comprehend the possibility of doing research for a school project without this almighty machine. Although it offers a great opportunity to find information and use it accordingly we must always remember that we can gain as much as we can lose using Internet.
Depending on person’s ability to search the Internet is can be a paradise for information seekers or a complete disaster for those who cannot choose from all of what is offered.
We want to give you some useful tips on how to benefit from using Internet.
1. Currently Internet is the best place to look for the topic of your future paper/essay. Once you have chosen the topic you can instantly see whether there is enough information available on the net for your research. You can immediately identify all aspects of the researched topics including various facts, opinions, criticism and analysis provided by different authors. Another great opportunity of Internet is the ability to deliver the most current and fresh information.
2. You need to gather information not only from the web but elsewhere to diversify your sources. Also Internet sources are often plagiarized and not based on facts thus making your statements irrelevant. Facts taken from the web need to be carefully checked against printed editions.
3. To find information applicable for your paper you have to specifically formulate your questions in the search engines.
4. Use a couple well know web engines in order to find the most information you need. All of them work in a different manner therefore will produce different results and will enrich your essay with more valid information.
5. Jot down the names of the sites you are using in case you need to go back to it. It is necessary for the references as well which are recorded in a different format than references taken from printed sources.